Mouthpiece Disinfectant – Steranios 2%
Steranios 2% High-level mouthpiece disinfectant for the Regulator or BCD inflator. With the restrictions starting to end step by step, we are receiving more and more questions about how to clean and disinfect dive equipment. We would like to share with you the Aqualung recommendations on how to properly disinfect Aqualung regulators against COVID-19 without damaging the properties of our products, efficient vs Covid-19, and without effect on their qualities.
Aqualung recommends Steranios 2% from ANIOS laboratories. This ready-to-use product allows total cold disinfection by soaking. It is active in 10-20 minutes. It is bactericidal, fungicidal, sporicidal, viricidal, active on HIV 1, HBV 1, Herpes-Virus, and active on BK. It is composed of a 2% glutaraldehyde solution that is synergized and stabilized at neutral pH. And has been approved for Covid-19 treatment.
• Solution ready to use: absence of activator
• Active against bacteria, yeasts, moulds, virus and mycobacteria in 10 minutes
• Active against spores of bacteria in 1 hour
• Possible control of disinfectant solution’s conformity with test-strips
• Stability of the bath during use: 30 days
• Ready to use – Clear green solution.
• Active against Helicobacter pylori.
• 2% glutaraldehyde solution buffered at pH 6 (sodium citrate).
• STERANIOS 2%NG and STERANIOS 2%ECS contain compounds limiting and controlling glutaraldehyde evaporation.
• Complete efficacy against spores of bacteria (5 log reduction).
• Wide compatibility with all kinds of materials.
• Shelf-life: 3 years from the production date.
• Can be used in association with any kind of cleaning pre-disinfectant product.
STERANIOS 2% is a 2% glutaraldehyde solution (expressed in 100% active compound), buffered at pH 6 in the presence of surface effects catalysor.
STERANIOS 2% NG and STERANIOS 2% ECS contain two compounds limiting glutaraldehyde evaporation, when associated.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
Dangerous. Follow the instructions for use (in accordance with Directive 99/45/EC and its adapted versions).
Storage: from +5°C to +35°C.
Class IIb medical device (Directive 93/42/EEC as amended)
Read our AQUAlife BLOG for further information…