Compared to the XT2, the size of the XT4 has been reduced and the exhaust T has been trimmed and angled for a more streamlined package perfect for technical divers.
The front rubber cover is protected by a cast aluminum exoskeleton providing extreme durability and an elegant appearance. Sandblasted and hard coat anodizing gives a durable matte finish and provides the ultimate abrasion resistance. The XT4 is accented with a metal adjustment knob, logo badge, and finned heat exchanger. At just 9.4 oz (266 g), it is lightweight for travel but maintains a substantial feel in the hand.
The XT4 includes a user adjustable, secondary micro spring adjustment at the end of the main adjustment knob. This allows for independent adjustment of the spring preload and can be used to fine tune the cracking pressure without disassembly of the second stage. This can be useful for those who prefer a higher cracking pressure or to make minor adjustments as the low pressure seat breaks in.
The finned heat exchanger is designed to improve cold-water performance. The internal components of the second stage can get very cold due to adiabatic cooling as the pressure of the breathing gas drops from intermediate pressure to ambient pressure at the second stage. In cold water diving, the temperatures can become low enough to freeze the moisture from your exhaled breath and cause the regulator to stop functioning correctly. The heat exchanger combats this issue by helping to warm the internal metal components of the regulator to the surrounding water temperature.
Additional features include an updated low pressure seat design that improves performance and requires less frequent adjustment. The XT4 can be setup for left or right handed hose routing. The regulator is assembled using industry standard oxygen compatible materials and assembly processes and is suitable for use with oxygen enriched gas mixtures. See the “Oxygen Use” tab for more information.
- Pneumatically-balanced downstream design provides consistent gas delivery regardless of depth or tank pressure
- Venturi assist reduces work of breathing
- Glove friendly dive/pre-dive lever avoids free flows at the surface
- Adjustable design allows the diver to fine tune inhalation effort for dive conditions and personal preference
- User-adjustable secondary micro spring adjustment for independently adjusting spring preload and cracking pressure
- Finned metal heat exchanger for improved cold water performance
- Black hard coat anodized metal exoskeleton provides ultimate protection
- Orthodontic mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue on long dives
- All internal moving parts are Teflon coated for reduced friction and cold water use
- Available as a standard right-hand regulator (RG 5900-RIGHT) or left-hand regulator (RG 5900-LEFT)
- Weight: 9.4 oz (266 g)